Open Knowledge Greek Chapter, together with stackprime members contribute on the Greek translation of The Data Journalism Handbook. The original version was born at a 48 hour workshop at MozFest 2011 in London. It subsequently spilled over into an international, collaborative effort involving dozens of data journalism’s leading advocates and best practitioners – including from the Australian Broadcasting Corporation, the BBC, the Chicago Tribune, Deutsche Welle, the Guardian, the Financial Times, Helsingin Sanomat, La Nacion, the New York Times, ProPublica, the Washington Post, the Texas Tribune, Verdens Gang, Wales Online, Zeit Online and many others.
- Examine the use of data journalism at the BBC, the Chicago Tribune, the Guardian, and other news organizations
- Explore in-depth case studies on elections, riots, school performance, and corruption
- Learn how to find data from the Web, through freedom of information laws, and by “crowd sourcing”
- Extract information from raw data with tips for working with numbers and statistics and using data visualization
- Deliver data through infographics, news apps, open data platforms, and download links